my rantings...best to ignore me

Saturday, December 30, 2006

perspective and resolution



Looking up? Or was it forward?



I suppose for establishing resolutions, I have to look forward to the next year, and predict what poor behavior I currently have will carry through into 2007, and is easy enough to change.



Ok, so what is wrong with me? No no no, that would be a bad approach. How depressing.



Um, what is easily fixable? I could resolve to grow my hair longer in 2007. Too vain, but doable.



How about being a better person? Too vague. Though I suppose that is the point, to become better through personal introspection. Perhaps it gives people a reason to change their perspective. A change in perspective is vague and doable enough to itself be a resolution (I resolve to regularly examine my perspective).


Perhaps a resolution should be neither vague, nor vain. Ideally it should be easy to accomplish (I resolve to walk my dog for at least an hour at least 5 days a week, regardless of weather). This one is easy because I do this at about this frequency anyway, with a few bow outs due to weather. It isnt vague. But is it resolution worthy?



I am going to have to debate this with myself (I resolve to be more decisive?).

No comments: